COTODAMA INC. and its affiliated entities companies (hereinafter referred to as “COTODAMA,”
“we/our/us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We endeavor to comply with
together with any privacy-related notices or statements that contain supplementary information
in connection with particular COTODAMA products and services you are using (hereinafter referred
safeguard of your data through COTODAMA products and services, both online and offline we
1. Data COTODAMA collect and how COTODAMA use such data
This paragraph introduces what COTODAMA may collect your data and how COTODAMA may use such data
through COTODAMA products and services.
When you use COTODAMA products and services (for example, COTODAMA speakers, software, official websites, and customer support services), we may need to collect specific personal data from you when you use or interact with COTODAMA products and services.
The following is an overview of the personal data COTODAMA may collect and how COTODAMA may use such collected personal data. Please be noted that we will only collect certain items of your data for particular purposes based on the COTODAMA products and services you use. Please also note that what items of personal data will be collected varies from the nature of the products and services. Moreover, in some countries, to avoid wrongfully collecting and using children’s data, you may need to provide your age or the contact data of your parents (or guardian) so that we can obtain consent from your parents (or guardian). Furthermore, when you use COTODAMA products and services, we may collect the following anonymous data which could not directly or indirectly identify you.
When you use COTODAMA products and services, you do not have to provide your data based on our request. However, if you choose not to provide your data to COTODAMA, we may not be able to give the corresponding COTODAMA products and services or respond to your inquires.
1.1 The personal data COTODAMA collect
Personal data means any data which could directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, email address, and IP address. COTODAMA may collect the following personal data based on your prior consent:
- ・Your actual, accurate, current, and complete registration data, including your e-mail address, country/region, and age (now only requested in some countries) when you sign up for the COTODAMA Member account. Use your social media account (for example, your Facebook, LINE, Wechat or Google statement) to sign up for a COTODAMA Member account. Such social media providers (for example, Facebook Inc., LINE Corporation, Tencent Holdings Limited. or Google Inc.) may share your data under your social media account (email address, name, nickname, and date of birth) based on your consent. Moreover, when you log in to your COTODAMA Member account (Route: Visit COTODAMA official website http://www.lyric-speaker.com →find “Log in” on the website→insert the E-mail address and password you registered for COTODAMA Member account find your data under “COTODAMA Account”), you can provide your additional personal data to edit your profile of COTODAMA Member account (for example, your picture, gender, address, and profession), and to enjoy COTODAMA products and services associated with your COTODAMA Member account (for example, your product serial number for COTODAMA product registration, articles, and pictures posted and uploaded on COTODAMA forums which may contain your personal data).
- ・Your name, mailing/shipping/billing address (including zip code), contact data, e-mail address, credit card number, or other payment service data when purchasing our products (for example, purchasing COTODAMA products through COTODAMA Store) and paid services. Moreover, in addition to the above personal data, your product data (for example, product serial number, MAC address, Chromecast ID) may also be collected when you request certain customer services (for example, product repair services).
- ・Your name, contact data, e-mail, gender, date of birth, product data (for example, product serial number, MAC address, Chromecast ID), and a copy of your invoice (in some countries, your name, address, and other personal data may be included in your invoice), when you enter our events or campaigns. The actual collected items of your data will vary from the respective event or campaign. Moreover, if you are a winner of our event or campaign, or if you will receive giveaways from COTODAMA, you may need to additionally provide your mailing/shipping address (including zip code) and personal data for tax declaration (for example, your residential address, ID or passport number and its copy).
- ・Your product data, such as your product serial number, IP Address, MAC Address, IMEI number, Android ID number, and other unique product identifiers, may be collected when using COTODAMA products.
- ・Your location data associated with COTODAMA products and services, such as your data identifying nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers, the country, city, time zone, latitude, longitude, altitude, and precision of coordinates where your product is located, the movement speed of your product, your country and language settings on your product.
- ・Your product data, such as your product serial number, IP Address, MAC Address, IMEI number, Android ID number, and other unique product identifiers, may be collected when using COTODAMA products.
- ・Your location data associated with COTODAMA products and services, such as your GPS signal, data identifying nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers, the country, city, time zone, latitude, longitude, altitude, and precision of coordinates where your product is located, the movement speed of your product, your country and language settings on your product.
- ・Your voice, video, and communication records when you contact COTODAMA (for example, by calling the COTODAMA call center, using COTODAMA online customer service portal to chat with COTODAMA, filling out the online application form on COTODAMA official website, and sending emails to COTODAMA). The above voice, video, and communication documents may collect your data.
1.2 How does COTODAMA use your data
We may use your data for the purposes below:
- ・To assess and improve COTODAMA products and services.
- ・To obtain customer feedback and analyze user experience to develop and evaluate new products and services.
- ・To fulfill the COTODAMA Member account’s sign-up process and experience COTODAMA products and services associated with COTODAMA Member account (for example, product registration and services of COTODAMA forums).
- ・To provide delivery services (for example, delivering proof of purchase or invoice), software updates, and technical notices for COTODAMA products and services you purchase.
- ・To process and fulfill any subscriptions you have signed up for, including COTODAMA eDMs or newsletters to keep you up to date with the latest COTODAMA news, promotions, and upcoming events. You may unsubscribe at any time at no charge.
- ・To send you important notifications, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because of the importance of such communications, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- ・To verify your identity, deliver event or campaign entries and rewards, contact you for an event or campaign-related matters, provide cashback allowance, declare tax and provide shuttle services and cover you with insurance if it is a necessity when you enter our events or contests.
- ・To provide you with customer support services (for example, to fulfill your product repair requests and respond to your questions), our customer care and customer satisfaction survey for user experience analysis, and to protect your rights and interests and adopt access control, we may collect your voice, video and communication records when you contact COTODAMA or visit COTODAMA Support. Moreover, we may collect your voice and video records to assist COTODAMA Lyric Speaker and services arriving at the specific destination upon your request.
- ・To provide you with personalized marketing services, for example, using third-party advertising cookies to offer marketing communications and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you or recommendations about services you may be interested in based on your use of COTODAMA products and services.
- ・Any other purposes with your prior consent.
1.3 The anonymous data COTODAMA collect and how COTODAMA use such anonymous data
Anonymous data means any data that could not directly or indirectly identify you, such as your product model, software version, and invoice date. When you use COTODAMA products and services, we may collect the following anonymous data from you and use such collected anonymous data for any purposes. Moreover, when the following anonymous data is connected with your data listed above, under such circumstances, we will also treat such anonymous data as personal data and protect such anonymous data at the same level of protection for personal data.
- ・Your log data associated with COTODAMA products and services, such as your product model name, product name, brand name, manufacturer name, part number, type, and version of hardware (for example, CPU and motherboard) and operation system, factory-default settings, activation time, firmware update data (for example, the execution method for a firmware update, update date and result of update), size of memory and storage, Read-Only Memory (ROM) related data (for example, type, version, build a description of ROM), product color, the telecom and network you use to connect to our products and services, the status of the network, telephony log data, standby status, crash history, preferred interface, type, version and language settings of the browser, diagnose and usage data, your usage behavior, the performance of GPS and Wi-Fi, system status (for example, usage status of battery, CPU, and RAM), and local time.
- ・Your application data is associated with your usage and interaction with COTODAMA applications and software, such as the name and version of applications and software, the install and uninstall time, log in and logout time, frequency and numbers of your usage, open and close time of applications and software, the category of your preferred applications and software, usage behavior settings, update version and update result.
- ・Your purchase data of COTODAMA products and services (for example, the purchase date and reseller’s name) when you request certain customer support services (for example, product repair services) or join our events.
2. Retention of your data
This paragraph introduces how long COTODAMA retains your data.
3. To whom COTODAMA disclose your data
This paragraph introduces COTODAMA may share your data with third parties under limited
circumstances and purposes.
Your data will not be disclosed to any third parties without one of the following exceptions:
3.1 Your Consent
- ・We will only disclose or share your data with other third parties with your prior consent.
3.2 Business Partners
- ・We may disclose hashed and anonymized data to our business partners, such as business partners who provide analytics services or advertisings and marketing communications based on the hashed and anonymized data through third-party advertising cookies.
3.3 Service Providers
3.4 For legal, protection, security purposes
We may disclose or share necessary items of your data with third parties for one of the following legal or security purposes:
- ・To the extent it is required by applicable laws or regulations or competent governmental or judicial authorities, necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
- ・To protect the rights, property, or safety of COTODAMA, our service providers, customers, or the public, as required or permitted by law.
4. Cross-border processing of your data
This paragraph introduces COTODAMA may transferring your data to different countries under the
premise that COTODAMA should comply with privacy-related laws and regulations in such
5. Cookies and similar technologies
COTODAMA products and services and how you can manage cookies settings.
1. To enrich and perfect your online experiences, we use the following cookies, which are essential to COTODAMA products and services:
2. For analytics purposes and to provide you with personalized advertising services and other functions, we use the following cookies to optimize your experiences in using COTODAMA products and services:
5.2 How to manage cookies settings
- ・Please note that you can configure cookies settings by accessing the browser you install to accept, block or delete some or all cookies (for example, third-party cookies).
- ・If you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of COTODAMA products and services.
- ・The functions of cookies settings may vary depending on the type and version of the browser you install. We try to list common and widely-used types of browsers as follows. You may refer to the following linkage to understand how to control your cookies settings through such browsers (The content in the following link is English. For your easier reading, please find the language option in the subsequent lawful connection to select your preferred language). You may also refer to https://www.aboutcookies.org/ (the content in this linkage is English), which introduces how to manage your cookies settings through various browsers. Also, if you do not use any of the following browsers, or the content in the following link is removed or not accessible, please visit those browsers’ privacy-related statements or support pages for further information.
- ・How to control your cookies settings through the Google Chrome browser:
- ・How to control your cookies settings through the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser:
- ・How to control your cookies settings through the Mozilla Firefox browser:
- ・How to control your cookies settings through the Apple Safari browser:
5.3 Web Beacons
A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic 1x1 (pixel) GIF or PNG image that is implemented on websites or emails email to measure the effectiveness of campaigns. COTODAMA or our service providers may use web beacons to know if you visit certain pages or click links in COTODAMA products and services. We may also implement web beacons in our marketing communications to know which communication contents you have clicked or read. We will use the data from web beacons to improve our websites and COTODAMA products and services.
6. Third-party links in COTODAMA products and services
This paragraph introduces when you visit any links or use any services provided by third parties,
please always refer to privacy-related statements issued by third parties.
This paragraph introduces how COTODAMA protects your data and provides some suggestions on
protecting your data at your end.
We take precautions to protect your data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. We conduct internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices and technical and organizational security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your data. Transmission of personal data between different locations of COTODAMA and its affiliated entities is performed through our secure vast area network. When you submit your data to us, your data is protected both online and offline. However, COTODAMA cannot guarantee perfect security on the internet. To protect your data from unauthorized access, we recommend that you:
7.1 To appropriately protect your COTODAMA Member account, for example:
- ・To use alphanumerical passwords when signing up for the COTODAMA Member account.
- ・Use your account name and password to log in COTODAMA Member account. Also, you are solely and entirely responsible for securing the confidentiality of your account name and password and for any activities that occur under your COTODAMA Member account.
- ・To change your passwords of the COTODAMA Member account regularly.
- ・Immediately contact us when you find that the account name/password of your COTODAMA Member account has been misappropriated. COTODAMA may suspend or terminate the permission to log in to your COTODAMA Member account with such account name/password (or any part thereof) and remove your data related to your COTODAMA Member account.
7.2 To keep your products up to date by applying the latest available security updates for your software and using such tools as virus/spyware scanners.
7.3 If you become aware of a technical vulnerability affecting COTODAMA products and services, please do not hesitate to contact us through email@example.com
8. How to manage your data
This paragraph introduces that if you have any inquiries or requests on your data collected by COTODAMA, you may log in to your “COTODAMA Account” or manage privacy-related settings on particular COTODAMA products and services you use. Also, you may contact us through the “Customer’s request on personal data” interface on COTODAMA official website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.1 COTODAMA Member account
- ・Please provide your valid, accurate, current, and complete personal data to COTODAMA under your COTODAMA Member account so that COTODAMA can provide you with the corresponding COTODAMA products and services.
- ・You may view and change your account data by logging in to your COTODAMA Member account and editing your account data.
- ・Suppose you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe COTODAMA eDM and notice COTODAMA news, latest products, and services. In that case, you may change the setting by logging in to your COTODAMA Member account find “Subscribe” on the left column choose “YES” or “NO.” If you select “NO” for unsubscription, please be noted that it may take around two business days to complete the unsubscription process.
8.2 COTODAMA products and services
You are free to choose to enable or disable sharing your data with COTODAMA through privacy-related settings in particular COTODAMA products and services, at all times when you use such COTODAMA products and services.
- ・You can manage cookies settings through the browser you install to accept, block or delete some or all of cookies (for example, third-party cookies) or adopt other locations at all times.
- ・If you do not wish COTODAMA to provide you with personalized marketing services and advertisements through third-party cookies, you may block or delete third-party cookies through your browser at all times.
8.4 Contact COTODAMA to manage your data
You may contact us through the “Customer’s request on personal data” interface on COTODAMA
official website or email email@example.com if you have any requests and inquiries about your
data under your COTODAMA Member account or other personal data collected by COTODAMA, such as a
request for access, correction, download, block, deletion, objecting COTODAMA from using some or
all of your data (for example, you may contact us if you consider COTODAMA may wrongfully
collect and use your data) and restricting COTODAMA from using your data under some particular
circumstances (for example, you may contact us if you do not wish your data to be analyzed) at
8.5 Whenever you use COTODAMA products and services, we strive to maintain the accuracy of your data and protect your data against any accidental or malicious destruction. We will accommodate your requests regarding your data; however, we may not be able to fulfill your above requests in one of the following circumstances:
- ・As required or permitted under application laws;
- ・For legitimate business purposes;
- ・Unreasonably repetitive requests that require disproportionate technical efforts and resources, for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing the current practices;
- ・Potentially risks on the privacy of others;
9. Children’s Privacy
This paragraph introduces that to protect children’s privacy if you are a child, please seek your
parent’s (or guardian)’s consent before you provide your data to COTODAMA. Also, suppose your
parents (or guardian) would like to manage your data. In that case, he/they may contact us
through the “Customer’s request on personal data” interface on COTODAMA official website or
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from a child below sixteen (16) or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction without parental consent. We encourage parents (or guardians) to take an active role in a child’s online activities and interests while using COTODAMA products and services.
Please seek parental consent before using COTODAMA products and services if you are a child. You may submit your data with parental (or guardians) consent to us only. Your parents (or guardian) can contact us through the “Customer’s request on personal data” interface on COTODAMA official website or email to email@example.com to revoke or withdraw any consent previously given, request for access, correction, download, block, deletion, objecting COTODAMA from using some or all of your data (for example, your parents (or guardian) may contact us if they consider COTODAMA may wrongfully collect and use your data) and restricting COTODAMA from using your data under some particular circumstances (for example, your parents (or guardian) may contact us if they do not wish your data to be analyzed) at all times.
10. Sensitive Personal Data
COTODAMA will never ask you to provide sensitive personal data such as data about your medical or health records, political, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal offenses (alleged, or committed), criminal conviction background, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, sexual orientation, sexual history, behavior or genetic data. Please refrain from providing us with such sensitive personal data.
13. Contacting Us
Company Representative: Mr. JIN SAITO
Address: 2F 6-3-16 MINAMIAOYAMA, MINATO-KU TOKYO 107-0062 JAPAN
Updated January 01, 2022, by COTODAMA INC.